I know, It’s been a really long time since I’ve posted. I’ve realized that although I’m very interested in Personal Finance and I LOVE reading all the wonderful blogs out there, I’m not all that into writing myself. I don’t think I’ll ever be the type of blogger who will commit to writing daily posts or even three posts a week. I’m the type of blogger who really does use this forum as a sort of journal to be written in when I feel the urge and not because I feel obligated to. I’ve accepted this realization and hopefully you can too! That being said I’ve been thinking about a lot of things recently that I’d like to share. In no particular order…
– BF got a new job!!! I’m so relieved and happy for him to be starting something new that I hope (and think) he’s interested in. I’m also very happy for us because he’ll start off making $3/hour more than his previous job with good prospects of earning even more than that in a fairly short period of time. Yay!
– I find it ironic that I’ve been obsessed with baking lately as I’ve been trying to eat in a healthier way and exercise to lose weight. Luckily due to all this baking I’ve not been interested in eating much of it. No binge eating here! I’ve enjoyed the process and must always try one piece or what have you that has been baked but no more and no temptations. You’re welcome co-workers 🙂
– On a 🙂 note. Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of what I would call backwards smiley face (: <— like that. What’s the deal? I kinda like it though.
– I’m trying hard not to pat myself on the back too much but I am so extremely excited that CC#2 currently is at $670, by the end of this month at the very most it will be at $220 but hopefully it will be GONE FOREVER!!!!! Very excited by this fact haha.
– I’m getting a bit nervous because I’m doing cupcakes for a wedding that’s only weeks away now. 125 mini cupcakes, 1 small layer cake, 4 flavours, half the island away. Definitely not beyond my skills, 125 mini cupcakes isn’t that much but I want them to be fantastic and memorable and the cake to not suck since I don’t have a ton of cake experience, especially on the decorating side of things. So we will see shortly.
– I went shopping this weekend with my Mom who was in town for a visit and we went shopping and I bought clothes and it actually felt pretty good! I used some money set aside from my freelance income to fund it. I spent about $60 which is maybe why I felt good about it, it wasn’t a large amount.
There’s many other things going on but I think that’s enough for today. I think I’m going to try my darndest to post some kind of baking delight. As some of you may know I’ve been trying my hand at macarons after hearing and seeing so much about them. I have to say I think I’ve been moderately successful. I was a bit scared to try them because from what I’ve read they seemed very tempermental but I think living in a fairly non-humid climate has really helped their success. No disasters to report yet! Will post my next batch hopefully. Something salted caramel.
Thanks for listening 🙂 or should I say (: